• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Medical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzdann

Bluelighter
Ok this is completely of topic and may seem a bit weird tghat im even asking this but ..how do you get stuff like an MRI done in a hospiral if you have no insurance ..I got no normal doc either ..I found a lump in my neck thats been there for the past 2 months now and I wanted to get it checked out ..do I just into the ER? or what ..

Thanks

i just lost my medical insurance and need to go the doctor so i'm in the same boat...
you can go to the ER but they're going to charge like thousands of dollars for it..... i was in the ER like a month and a half ago, all they did was push saline solution through an IV, take an EKG and a urine test, i was there for about 6 hours and it was a $1200 w/o insurance (and this was not even a nice hospital)...
i know there are like clinics you can go to... not sure. but yeah the ER will take you they'll just put you in debt as well. :(

Ok this is completely of topic and may seem a bit weird tghat im even asking this but ..how do you get stuff like an MRI done in a hospiral if you have no insurance ..I got no normal doc either ..I found a lump in my neck thats been there for the past 2 months now and I wanted to get it checked out ..do I just into the ER? or what ..

Thanks

You can file indigent paperwork. I used to work for an online pharmacy and an online diabetic supply company, and people who were really poor but needed their diabetic supplies would file the paperwork. I know it works for hospitals as well, but to be honest I'm not sure all the ins and outs of the process. Do a search on google for "indigent paperwork hospital" and you will find sites that discuss it.

Also, if you are really poor, I think Medicaid covers you?

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but it doesn't sound like you are a medical expert. Rather than seeking an MRI, why don't you get that thing checked out by a doctor and do whatever he/she recommends.

I suggest a free clinic if you are not insured. Sorry I couldn't find one in your neck of the woods in a quick search, but in a city of that size (Abilene, TX, yes?) there must be some. When you find one, go early and be persistent, and they will take care of you.

A doctor has to order an MRI. See one of those first. No insurance? Get ready to pay. If you qualify, apply for assistance.

If u are poor, meaning from what I checked u make less that around $1500 a month u will qualify for assistance, something like health insurance paid by the state. Apply for that ASAP if u qualify and then make an appointment to see a regular doctor.

I had a lump on my neck once, went to see a doc right away. He said that if it doesn't go away in 2 weeks then I will need to have tests done. Seems like u need medical help to make sure its nothing. I think the possibility that its cancer for you is like 1%, not very likely but need to make sure.

I would stay away from ER in US unless u want high bills u can't pay, then fucked up credit.

Every state has an office for poor people assistance. Do an online check, you might be able to do it all online otherwise find an office and go there on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.